International exchange programs are becoming more and more popular. Studying abroad demands a great deal of advance preparation and personal initiative. Depending on your plans, you may need to start organizing up to a year and a half in advance. But don't let that stop you, the time and energy you invest is definitely worth it!
Before you go to an advisor, check which foreign universities are partners with the LMU and get informed about their admission and financial aid policies. You can do this at the Infothek or at the Office of International Affairs (web site of Referat für Internationale Angelegenheiten).
- Preparing for study abroad
- The best time to study abroad
- The Erasmus+ Program at the Faculty for Chemistry and Pharmacy
- Information for incoming foreign students
- Internships abroad LMU Career Sevice
- International Studies - Central information at the LMU München: see LMU web site
- Overview of all LMU partner universities
- Application deadlines of the various international programs: see LMU web site
- Important scholarships and financial aid sources: see LMU web site
- Overview by DAAD: Ausland_Foerderung.pdf
- Insurances abroad: DAAD Insurance
- German Academic Exchange Service DAAD
- Chinese Scholarship Program: see LMU web site